by Armor Combat | Nov 26, 2018 | Equipment, Experiments, Exploration, Weapons
e This was a very educational experience and a lot of fun. A very different setup compared to your standard shooting range. The Stress Vests allow users to have a more immersive gun fighting experience. If you screw up. You will get shot and it will hurt. My vest was set on level three. There are five levels of pain possible. It felt like I was stabbed in the stomach with a pencil.
The course was simple enough and it was an intense experience. The goal was simple,. when the music starts. we fight. The fight lasts until we run out of ammo. The whole adventure lasted about eight minutes but it felt like fifteen. so I did experience some time distortion..
by Armor Combat | Jul 1, 2018 | Equipment, Weapons
Active self-defense consists:of the following skill sets:
- Your education on a particular subject or technique.
- Ground fighting
2. Tools and/or weapons used in a combative situation:These may be categorized as projectile or melee depending upon the intended use. Typically projectile tools are designed to leave the body towards its intended target while melee tools are intended to remain attached to the users body for use in close range situations.
Projectile include but are not limited to:
- Gun (bullets)
- Bow and arrow
- Sling shot.
Melee include but are not limited to:
Passive self-defense doesn’t require any skill sets. It may include your clothing, footwear, and useful tools and structures. Passive self-defense may be used to defend against an attack or against environmental conditions or elements.
Defense against attacks may include but are not limited to::
- Body armor
- Structures between you and the danger
- Protective clothing such as
- If you are wearing flip flops shorts and a t-shirt, you may be lacking when it comes to dealing with a knife attack.
- Are you caring cash? It is another useful tool should you need to buy your way out of a dangerous situation. .
- Does your footwear allow you to run at a moment’s notice?
- Pockets are great because they allow you to store self-dense tools
- A flashlight can be used as a weapon, both to disoriented attacker by shining in the eyes or using as a blunt strike weapon.
- Something as simple as a bandanna can be useful for adding a rock or coin and using as a flail or strangulation device.
- A quality knife has self-evident qualities in a defensive situation. You don’t want the blade detaching from the handle when in a serious situation. You want it to fit comfortably in your hand and to have a good grip. This subject will be covered extensively in a separate article.
Defense against environmental elements may include but are not limited to:
- Warm, dry clothing
- Protective footwear,
- Cell phone
- If you are wearing flip flops shorts and a t-shirt, you may be lacking when it comes to dealing with unfavorable environmental conditions..
- Are you caring cash? It is another useful tool should you need something and the stores card machine is down.
- Does your footwear allow you to climb over obstacles
- Pockets are great because they allow you to survival tools
- A flashlight can come in handy on a daily bases. If you find yourself in an area with poor visibility. It will prove useful in safely navigating terrain and finding lost items.
- Something as simple as a bandanna can be useful for providing first aid as a tourniquet, covering your face in a fire, and as a sling to support an injured limb.
- A knife also makes for a great accessory. Besides the obvious fighting application, a knife has proven to be a useful tool in many situations. It can be used to cut yourself out of a seatbelt in a car accident, to make primitive tools. I may also be used in first aid to remove a foreign object from flesh, cauterize a would or use as a tourniquet handle. Many knives now come with options such as a screw driver set attached.
Remember that when you need certain things like cash or the ability to cut someone out of there seatbelt. You don’t kind of need them you really need them. .